The M&E Consultant (FPCC Project) will join JLI for 20 days from October-December 2020 to work on the M&E Plan of the FPCC project on the role of faith engagement in humanitarian and development work aimed at improving the wellbeing of children, youth, families and communities.
Faith and Positive Change for Children (FPCC)
Faith and Positive Change for Children (FPCC): Global Initiative on Social and Behaviour Change is a collaboration between the UNICEF Communication for Development in Programme Division, the UNICEF Civil Society Partnerships Unit in the Division of Communication, Religions for Peace, and the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI). The purpose of the global initiative, which was launched in 2018, is to move beyond a single-sector, single-denomination and message-based communication to support more focused, systematic and at-scale engagement with faith-based communities and actors to influence positive social and behaviour change towards improving the wellbeing of children, youth, women and families, particularly the most marginalized. Find out more about the FPCC project here.
Joint Learning Initiative for Faith and Local Communities (JLI)
The JLI is an international collaboration on evidence for faith groups’ role and contributions to local community health and wellbeing and ending poverty. Find out more about the work of the JLI here.
Data collection (5 days)
- Collect existing M&E frameworks from project partners and other relevant stakeholders (2 days)
- Design and conduct interviews and/or surveys to support data collection and understand how FPCC stakeholders (such as religious leaders, FBOs, UNICEF staff) define outcomes and pathways/theories of change for FPCC (3 days)
Develop M&E framework (5 days)
- Review and map existing M&E frameworks and develop/adapt new framework and narrative
- New framework to:
- Be reflective of FPCC principles and theory of change
- Include usable and practical methods, such as Most Significant Change stories
- Use methods that can be applied in the short-term for immediate data collection needs with existing work, while setting up a longer-term process framework that can be applied in the future of this initiative
- Capture impact at the process level, with regards to partnerships and outcomes, and consider how to demonstrate impact in ways that are consistent with FPCC way of working
- Capture both long term and short term impact
- Be adaptable to different contexts and thematic areas and with regards to changed priority areas/modes of working due to Covid-19
- Pilot the short-terms part of the framework in East and Southern Africa while laying the foundation for future work
- Establish a base for expanding the implementation of M&E work into the future of the FPCC initiative
Write up M&E framework (3.5 days)
- Write up narrative outlining new M&E framework (2 days)
- Present framework and narrative to project team (0.5 days)
- Revise and framework narrative based on project partners’ feedback (1 days)
Pilot M&E framework (6.5 days)
- Pilot framework in East and Southern African region (remote work in collaboration with the team based in the region) (5 days)
- Revise framework based on pilot (1.5 days)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (such as development studies, humanitarian/disaster studies, religious studies, sociology, political science, or related discipline)
- Knowledge of the religion and humanitarian/development field
- M&E experience in humanitarian and development work, ideally with faith actors
- Experience engaging with UN agencies, international NGOs, and local faith actors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multicultural environment and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and remotely, with strong self-motivation to achieve tasks
- Detail and deadline-oriented, with strong time management skills
- Professional communication style and presentation, excellent oral and written communication skills
- 20-day consultancy to start as soon as possible in mid October 2020.
- Reports to: JLI Senior Research Associate Dr Jennifer Philippa Eggert.
Please send resume (including names and contact information for two references) and cover letter to [email protected]. Kindly state your daily rate in your application and include one sample piece of work on M&E.
Closing date for applications: 21 October 2020
Interviews: 22/23 October 2020
Projected start date: 26 October 2020